Sunday, January 6, 2013

FC Barcelona Jersey - Soccer shirt cake





 My now 12 year old is a HUGE soccer fan and wanted me to make him a jersey from one of his favorite teams.  

After researching some cakes online and looking at pictures of the jersey, this is what I came up with.  I didn't really want to make a jersey shaped cake, but was looking for something a little bit different.



To make the jersey, I rolled out a rectangular piece of fondant and then rolled over a small bit of both long sides.  I then put a small slice of cake that I had cut off the top of cake to level it and placed it on the top half of the rectangle.  Then, I flipped over the bottom half as if I was folding a shirt.  I then made the sleeves and tucked them in between the shirt piece.  After I had it as I wanted it, I "glued" the shirt shut to hold it in place.  


Then I broke out my airbrush to paint the shirt.  I used wax paper to mark off an area for the red and after that was done, I held the paper over the red area to spray the blue.  In order to get the speckled look on the red with the blue, I used a wire strainer to spray through.

After that had all dried, I made the edges to go around the neck and arms, along with the decorations for the front.  The emblem is made from both colored fondant and edible color markers.

The cake was a hit at his party, especially since the boys knew what jersey it was without me telling them!









No comments:

Post a Comment